Nepal-Motorbike Odyssey - On Royal Enfield Bullet
16 day trip, airport to airport; 13 days on the saddle (moderate to challenging) with option of off-road ride; 5 nights Kathmandu, 2 nights Pokhara, 2 nights in Chitwan, 1 night in Dhulikhel, Gurkha, Bandipur, Tensen, Lumbeni and Daman. Maximum altitude (2487m.)
Although many people seem to believe that any visit to see the magnificent Himalayan peaks of Nepal must include trekking or climbing, this is certainly not true, particularly if you choose this exciting, overland Enfield Bullet motorcycle tour which takes you to the mountains on two wheels. This tour allows riders to discover parts of Nepal that other styles of access just cannot match – the mountains can be discovered and enjoyed in a truly unique way, without the constraints of roads which will take buses and four wheeled drives, or the slow approach necessitated by several days trekking. It allows exploration of the ecological and cultural diversity of this small, Himalayan country, home to 8 of the world’s 14 highest peaks. Accommodation in small, locally-owned hotels and guest houses encourages interaction with local people and appreciation of their different customs and way of life. Nepal has many different ethnic groups, not to mention well over 50 different languages and dialects which have evolved in this country of so many remote areas, from towering mountains to flat jungles.
The on- and off-road route passes through the heart of the mountains, travelling up and down valleys, around undulating rice terraces and banana groves, alongside rushing rivers, and finally descending to the low Nepalese Terai, the flat Gangetic plain, home to the Chitwan jungles, once the tiger-hunting grounds of the British Raj, but now a protected sanctuary for those majestic beasts, along with the rare one-horned Rhinoceros and the Gharial, the endangered fish-eating crocodile. A short break in a Terai resort offers the chance of an elephant-back safari and a river trip in a dug-out canoe, with the hope of spotting some of these rare creatures.
Within this exciting motorbike tour there will be other chances to relax over simple refreshments, whilst enjoying several of the best mountain viewpoints in Nepal, from hill tops such as Dhulikel, Sarangkot and Daman. Overnight stays will enable you to enjoy magnificent sunset views, and sunrise too if you wish.
A visit to the historically important and interesting town of Ghorka is included, as this town is pivotal to the history of the unified country of Nepal. Originally just one of hundreds of tiny kingdoms within the country, Ghorka became important through its King, who was responsible for uniting this landlocked country in the late eighteenth century. The title name of Ghorka soldiers (originally Ghorkali, meaning those from Ghorka) came from this town, the original place of recruitment.
There will be an opportunity to try Nepal’s only cable car, visiting the important mountain-top temple of Manakamana, a place of pilgrimage for Hindus, who request that they will be blessed and that their wishes and dreams will come true.
If you feel that your adrenalin needs to be stirred even further, you might enjoy the extra experience of wrestling with the rapids, from a raft on the Trisuli river, while another option would be to fly into and above the clouds, close to the mountain peaks, by Ultralite aircraft or Paraglider. If this is not your idea of relaxation, after a long time on the saddle, you may prefer to enjoy a peaceful boatride on Lake Phewa, or savour the sunset whilst indulging in a refreshing drink at a lakeshore bar in Pokhara. Similarly you might wish to view Mt. Everest , along with the hundreds of other Himalayan peaks, from the comfort of a small plane early one morning when you are in Kathmandu.
Itinerary at a glance
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel
Day 02: Collect bilkes after breakfast, ride to Dhulikhel (1585m.). Overnight in resort/hotel. Distance: 32km.
Day 03: Ride back to Kathmandu, via Namabuddha, Panauti, Bhaktpur Durbar Square, Pashupatinath. Overnight in Kathmandu. Distance: 45km.
Day 04: Early morning ride to Gorkha (1135m). Overnight in resort/guesthouse. Distance: 140km.
Day 05: Ride to Bandipur (1000m). Overnight in resort/guest house. Distance: 45km.
Day 06: Ride to Pokhara (820m). Overnight hotel. Distance: 70km.
Day 07: Leisure day in Pokhara Overnight in hotel, Over night in hotel, Optional ride to Dhampus. Distance 58 km
Day 08: Ride to Tansen (m.) Over night in resort/guest house. Distance: 157km.
Day 09: Ride to Lumbini (m.) Overnight in resort. Distance: 88kms.
Day 10: Ride to Chitwan National Prak (450m.) Overnight in resort,. Distance:149km.
Day 11: Chitwan National Park (Sauraha) - Overnight in resort. Distance: n/a.
Day 12: Ride to Daman (2322m.) via Hetauda (466m.). Overnight in resort/hotel. Distance: 118 km.
Day 13: Early afternoon ride back to Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel. Distance: 83 km.
Day 14: Kathmandu sightseeing. Return bikes. Overnight in resort/hotel. Distance: 32km.
Day 15: Shopping and leisure. Overnight in hotel
Day 16: Transfer to airport for international departure.
Date & Price
All ACCESS-HIMALAYA adventure travel trips are small group departures and therefore places can fill quickly. To avoid disappointment, we suggest you book your trip as soon as possible.
- A AVAILABLE - Trip date is available and open for bookings. Go for it!
- G GUARANTEED - Trip is reached minimum numbers and this is 'Guaranteed to Run'
- L LIMITED - Trip is 'Guaranteed to Run' and there are a very limited number of available places remaining. Immediate booking is recommended.
- C CLOSED - Trip has reached maximum numbers and it is unavailable. Please Contact Us to enquire about other trip departure dates or booking this trip as a private departure
Trip Info (Tour/Trek Styles) Explained
- PG Private Group: This style of trip is organized for specific groups of people (families, friends,school and college students, colleagues, business associates etc.), and is closed to outsiders. If you are interested in this particular trip departure date then please get in touch with us.
- OA Open to All: This trip departure is open to all. However, if you are interested in this particular trip departure date but want your own private group, then please get in touch with us.
- LT Lodge Based Trip/Trek: This trip/trek is lodge (teahouse) based. All accommodation, including food, is provided in local lodges. Occasionally however, where a large group is concerned we may choose to send our own cook along, as well, to take care of your food hygiene and to cook some special additional items.We provide all necessary documentation, including permits, and arrange all internal transport. We provide trekking guide, assistant guide(s) and porters/animals for transport of your gear. You merely carry a daysack with essentials, including water.
- CT Camping Based Trip/Trek: This trip/trek is camping (tent) based. We will provide one 3-man tent for every two people, also single tents, where requested, on payment of supplementary costs. All food and drinks are provided by our experienced cook and his kitchen team. We provide all necessary documentation, including permits, and arrange all internal transport. We provide trekking guide, assistant guide(s), cook, kitchen crew, food and drink, and porters/animals for transport of your gear. You merely carry a daysack with essentials, including water.
- GAP Guide, Accommodation & Porter only: In this trip neither food nor transportation is included. Clients are responsible for food and local transportation, and our responsibility is to provide insured guide, insured porter, and all necessary permits. All additional costs are the responsibility of the clients, including charges incurred as a result of delays or cancellation of services beyond our control. Clients pay for their own accommodation. Any additional costs are the responsibility of the clients, We can arrange hotels and international airport transfer, on request.
- SG Self Guided/Budget Trip: This trip is specially designed for low-budget travellers who prefer fairly basic facilities with reduced services. It is a pre-requisite that a porter is hired for any self-guided trip, which is an ideal set-up for those who enjoy independent travel with minimum cost. We have added support to minimise the hard work of planning and costing, and we will be available to help in the unlikely event of an emergency. We will arrange all documentation (including permits), before you arrive in Nepal, so that you are free to get on with your adventure, relying only on your porter to help you on your way. All additional costs are the responsibility of the clients, including charges incurred as a result of delays or cancellation of services beyond our control. Hotel accommodation, local transportation and international airport transfers may be arranged, on request.
Travelled with us before?
We would love you to share your images with us and our visitorsUpload your Images
We have a wide selection of photographs taken by clients and ourselves whilst on our tours. All images have been carefully selected to accurately portray this trip and uploaded for you to enjoy. All photographs copyright to the photographer.
Please click on the thumbnail to see the larger version of the photo.
If our fixed departure dates are not convenient for you or your group, we can also arrange private departures on all of our small group tours. Private group departures will follow the same itineraries as our usual small group tours, or itineraries may be tailormade to suit your own convenient tour date/budgets.
Itineraries may be tailor-made to suit your dates. So if you can’t find a date to suit you or if you want to have your very own tour just with your friends or family then we can help you.
Customised Private Groups:
For most of our usual tours, or itineraries, where there is a group numbering 2 or more, we can customise and organise private group trip(s) where we design the itinerary and activities exclusively for you, according to your requirements and budgets, such as Honeymoon, Anniversary, Family, Scouts, School, College, Fundraising or Charity trips. Find out more about our private group tours.
To enquire about booking a private departure of this tour or about organising your own private group tour, please fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly with details.