Trisuli White Water Rafting
A rafting trip on the Trisuli needs no recommendation: thousands of thrilled rafters have written home and recommended the trip to their friends! For many people it represents the ideal compromise trip: just the right length of time with big, bouncy and relatively safe, yet exhilarating, rapids: "flips" are rare in normal water conditions, and it is also possible to walk around the few more difficult rapids if desired.
Whilst there is a wide choice of different-length trips on the Trisuli, from one week down to a half day ‘tester special’, for most people the optimum length trip is 2 days, usually following a trek and before a few days spent in Chitwan National Park in the Terai. In this case, after a scenic drive from either Kathmandu or Pokhara, the set-in point for the Trisuli is around Charaudi, depending on the river flow.
The river trip from here begins with a few minor thrills, before hitting white water with some Grade III rapids. There are more dramatic rapids at the confluence of the Marshyangdi and Trisuli rivers at Mugling, after enjoying which, there is calm water as the river passes through stunning forested gorges teeming with birdlife. Depending on the river flow, there may be time to leave the raft for a swim in the river before the end of the trip. On arrival at the take-out point, a vehicle will take you on to your next destination
Itinerary at a glance
Day 01 Drive to Charudi and raft to Kuran ghat
Day 02 Raft to Muglin and transfer back to Kathmandu or Pokhara or Chitwan after quick lunch
Date & Price
All ACCESS-HIMALAYA adventure travel trips are small group departures and therefore places can fill quickly. To avoid disappointment, we suggest you book your trip as soon as possible.
|Reference||Price pp||Trip Info|
... on River RaftingAll three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during rafting
Internal transportation (as stated in itinerary)
Rafting equipment (boat, safety helmet and life jacket, safety kayak, handheld paddles, dry bags etc)
Camping equipment (two-man tents, mess tent , mattresses, plates, cutlery and kitchen gear)
River permits and entrance fees.
Experienced staff (river guide, safety kayaker and some helpers)
Trip Info (Tour/Trek Styles) Explained
- PG Private Group: This style of trip is organized for specific groups of people (families, friends,school and college students, colleagues, business associates etc.), and is closed to outsiders. If you are interested in this particular trip departure date then please get in touch with us.
- OA Open to All: This trip departure is open to all. However, if you are interested in this particular trip departure date but want your own private group, then please get in touch with us.
- LT Lodge Based Trip/Trek: This trip/trek is lodge (teahouse) based. All accommodation, including food, is provided in local lodges. Occasionally however, where a large group is concerned we may choose to send our own cook along, as well, to take care of your food hygiene and to cook some special additional items.We provide all necessary documentation, including permits, and arrange all internal transport. We provide trekking guide, assistant guide(s) and porters/animals for transport of your gear. You merely carry a daysack with essentials, including water.
- CT Camping Based Trip/Trek: This trip/trek is camping (tent) based. We will provide one 3-man tent for every two people, also single tents, where requested, on payment of supplementary costs. All food and drinks are provided by our experienced cook and his kitchen team. We provide all necessary documentation, including permits, and arrange all internal transport. We provide trekking guide, assistant guide(s), cook, kitchen crew, food and drink, and porters/animals for transport of your gear. You merely carry a daysack with essentials, including water.
- GAP Guide, Accommodation & Porter only: In this trip neither food nor transportation is included. Clients are responsible for food and local transportation, and our responsibility is to provide insured guide, insured porter, and all necessary permits. All additional costs are the responsibility of the clients, including charges incurred as a result of delays or cancellation of services beyond our control. Clients pay for their own accommodation. Any additional costs are the responsibility of the clients, We can arrange hotels and international airport transfer, on request.
- SG Self Guided/Budget Trip: This trip is specially designed for low-budget travellers who prefer fairly basic facilities with reduced services. It is a pre-requisite that a porter is hired for any self-guided trip, which is an ideal set-up for those who enjoy independent travel with minimum cost. We have added support to minimise the hard work of planning and costing, and we will be available to help in the unlikely event of an emergency. We will arrange all documentation (including permits), before you arrive in Nepal, so that you are free to get on with your adventure, relying only on your porter to help you on your way. All additional costs are the responsibility of the clients, including charges incurred as a result of delays or cancellation of services beyond our control. Hotel accommodation, local transportation and international airport transfers may be arranged, on request.
Travelled with us before?
We would love you to share your images with us and our visitorsUpload your Images
We have a wide selection of photographs taken by clients and ourselves whilst on our tours. All images have been carefully selected to accurately portray this trip and uploaded for you to enjoy. All photographs copyright to the photographer.
Please click on the thumbnail to see the larger version of the photo.
If our fixed departure dates are not convenient for you or your group, we can also arrange private departures on all of our small group tours. Private group departures will follow the same itineraries as our usual small group tours, or itineraries may be tailormade to suit your own convenient tour date/budgets.
Itineraries may be tailor-made to suit your dates. So if you can’t find a date to suit you or if you want to have your very own tour just with your friends or family then we can help you.
Customised Private Groups:
For most of our usual tours, or itineraries, where there is a group numbering 2 or more, we can customise and organise private group trip(s) where we design the itinerary and activities exclusively for you, according to your requirements and budgets, such as Honeymoon, Anniversary, Family, Scouts, School, College, Fundraising or Charity trips. Find out more about our private group tours.
To enquire about booking a private departure of this tour or about organising your own private group tour, please fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly with details.