Eight of our world’s highest mountains lie within the small, landlocked country of Nepal, while, by contrast, some of the flattest, lowest land also lies within its boundaries. This brief taste of Nepal allows you to marvel at the lofty, icy heights of Daulaghiri (8167m), and the iconic Machhapuchhre (6993m), whilst your feet are set firmly by Lake Phewa, in Pokhara, at a sub-tropical altitude of just 827m! Nepal’s many different ethnic groups, together with a remarkable range of flora and fauna, will astonish and gladden you, even on the very brief acquaintance possible during your limited days of discovery.
Though brief, this itinerary will introduce you to far more of the best of Nepal than you might think possible, from the UNESCO World heritage sites in Kathmandu, via stunning hilltop vistas and ethnic villages, to the impressive, natural lakes and gorges of the Pokhara valley. We have chosen accommodation where you will be cared and catered for with true Nepalese hospitality.
Itinerary at a glance
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transport to hotel. Overnight in hotel (KTM)
Day 02: Early morning Everest Mountain Flight, and afternoon fly to Pokhara, Overnight in hotel (POK); about 30 mins flight to POK [Meals B]
Day 03: Drive to Syauli Bazar (1170 m.) or Kimche (1638 m.) and trek to Ghandruk (1940 m.) Overnight in lodge or hotel in POK, about 2 hrs drive, and 3hrs walk [Meals B L D]
Day 04: Trek to Pothana (1900 m.) Overnight in lodge, about 5-6 hrs walk [Meals B L D]
Day 05: Trek to Kande (1130m) and drive back to POK, Overnight in hotel (POK), about 1½ hrs walk, and 1hr drive to Pokhara [Meals B L]
Day 06: Meet up with ‘Challenge 60’ team in POK, Overnight in hotel (POK) [Meals B]
Day 07: Early morning drive to Kathmandu, Overnight in hotel (KTM) 6-7hrs drive, [Meals B L]
Day 08: Kathmandu: shopping & leisure time, and afternoon transfer to airport for international departure or India Extension: (Departure KTM 15.35 & Arrive DEL 16.50), [Meals B]
Date & Price
All ACCESS-HIMALAYA adventure travel trips are small group departures and therefore places can fill quickly. To avoid disappointment, we suggest you book your trip as soon as possible.
... in Lodge TrekAccommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara, bed & breakfast basis, (accommodation in twin room unless otherwise arranged) – see itinerary above for dates - accommodation facilities/details outlined below
All three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek
All internal transportation as stated in itinerary (see itinerary above)
All lodge accommodation on trek – twin room with clean beds and mattresses, toilet facilities may be outside – no attached bathroom, unless specifically arranged, and where available.
Annapurna Conservation Area entrance permit
Trekking Permits (TIMS) for Annapurna area
Experienced English speaking government licensed guide/s
The required number of local porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests on lodge treks)
Staff and porter insurance
Guided world heritage sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with private tourist vehicle (2 or 3 sites - Durbar Square/s and Swayambunath (Monkey temple)) (English speaking licensed guide & private transport only)
Lunch on the overland travel (see itinerary)
Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
Free gift of Access-Himalaya trekking kit bag for each member of group (to be distributed on arrival in Kathmandu)
Free hire of four seasons Sleeping Bag and fleece liner for trek (should be returned after the trek).
Free airport pick and drop
... in Lodge TrekYour personal equipment
Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
Your travel insurance, (Make sure the policy covers helicopter rescue and evacuation service)
Medical examination and vaccination costs
Personal expenditure, including bar bills, laundry, telephone calls, tips, shower/bathroom facilities on the trek etc.
Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and elsewhere-apart from trek (see itinerary)
Heritage sights/Monastery/Temple entrance fees
Trek and Tour crew and driver gratuity/tips at end of tour/trek
Any others expenses which are not mentioned in 'Price Includes' section
- A AVAILABLE - Trip date is available and open for bookings. Go for it!
- G GUARANTEED - Trip is reached minimum numbers and this is 'Guaranteed to Run'
- L LIMITED - Trip is 'Guaranteed to Run' and there are a very limited number of available places remaining. Immediate booking is recommended.
- C CLOSED - Trip has reached maximum numbers and it is unavailable. Please Contact Us to enquire about other trip departure dates or booking this trip as a private departure
Trip Info (Tour/Trek Styles) Explained
- PG Private Group: This style of trip is organized for specific groups of people (families, friends,school and college students, colleagues, business associates etc.), and is closed to outsiders. If you are interested in this particular trip departure date then please get in touch with us.
- OA Open to All: This trip departure is open to all. However, if you are interested in this particular trip departure date but want your own private group, then please get in touch with us.
- LT Lodge Based Trip/Trek: This trip/trek is lodge (teahouse) based. All accommodation, including food, is provided in local lodges. Occasionally however, where a large group is concerned we may choose to send our own cook along, as well, to take care of your food hygiene and to cook some special additional items.We provide all necessary documentation, including permits, and arrange all internal transport. We provide trekking guide, assistant guide(s) and porters/animals for transport of your gear. You merely carry a daysack with essentials, including water.
- CT Camping Based Trip/Trek: This trip/trek is camping (tent) based. We will provide one 3-man tent for every two people, also single tents, where requested, on payment of supplementary costs. All food and drinks are provided by our experienced cook and his kitchen team. We provide all necessary documentation, including permits, and arrange all internal transport. We provide trekking guide, assistant guide(s), cook, kitchen crew, food and drink, and porters/animals for transport of your gear. You merely carry a daysack with essentials, including water.
- GAP Guide, Accommodation & Porter only: In this trip neither food nor transportation is included. Clients are responsible for food and local transportation, and our responsibility is to provide insured guide, insured porter, and all necessary permits. All additional costs are the responsibility of the clients, including charges incurred as a result of delays or cancellation of services beyond our control. Clients pay for their own accommodation. Any additional costs are the responsibility of the clients, We can arrange hotels and international airport transfer, on request.
- SG Self Guided/Budget Trip: This trip is specially designed for low-budget travellers who prefer fairly basic facilities with reduced services. It is a pre-requisite that a porter is hired for any self-guided trip, which is an ideal set-up for those who enjoy independent travel with minimum cost. We have added support to minimise the hard work of planning and costing, and we will be available to help in the unlikely event of an emergency. We will arrange all documentation (including permits), before you arrive in Nepal, so that you are free to get on with your adventure, relying only on your porter to help you on your way. All additional costs are the responsibility of the clients, including charges incurred as a result of delays or cancellation of services beyond our control. Hotel accommodation, local transportation and international airport transfers may be arranged, on request.
Travelled with us before?
We would love you to share your images with us and our visitorsUpload your Images
We have a wide selection of photographs taken by clients and ourselves whilst on our tours. All images have been carefully selected to accurately portray this trip and uploaded for you to enjoy. All photographs copyright to the photographer.
Please click on the thumbnail to see the larger version of the photo.
Accommodation in Kathmandu
It is our policy to use Nepali-owned accommodation, always, as we feel this is an aspect of fair trade, and the hotels we use in Kathmandu are comfortable, clean, efficient and friendly. Most hotels are also family-run; we visit, and stay in the hotels ourselves, to ensure that facilities are ... read more..
Food on LodgeTrek
On lodge treks clients are provided with three meals a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menus will be fairly standard, according to the region visited, but will vary in style from place to place, according to availability of ingredients, and in more remote areas choice will be relatively restricted ... read more..
It is a strict condition of joining an Access-Himalaya adventure holiday that you must be insured against all medical and personal accident risks, including repatriation if necessary. Helicopter evacuation, in the unlikely event of your being injured or taken seriously ill on trek, is very costly - an average rescue ... read more..
Nepal Visa and Passport
All visitors to Nepal require a passport (valid for at least 6 months after your return to your home country) and an entry visa. A visa application should be obtained from the Nepalese Embassy, in London (click here to download Nepal visa application form ), or in your own country ... read more..
You are advised to take travellers\' cheques with you for safety, and these should be American Express (preferred) or similar, as local bank cheques can be extremely difficult, or even impossible, to cash. ATM facilities are becoming increasingly available in Kathmandu, Pokhara and other large towns, so a Visa, or ... read more..
Arrival in Nepal
At Kathmandu airport you should proceed through Immigration (you apply for your Visa here) to the baggage collection area. Once you have collected your baggage you should move on to the Customs officers to have your baggage cleared and chalked up, before leaving the Arrivals lounge. Immediately outside, you will ... read more..
Tipping and Service Charges
Tipping is an entirely personal and optional matter and at the discretion of the individual. Should you wish to give a tip in a restaurant, if there is not already a service charge included you may consider a tip of 10%. Recently there has been a recommendation for 10% charge ... read more..
Trekking Clothing & Equipment Guideline
The following is a guideline, not a prescription: we hope it will help you find your way through the minefield of items of clothing and equipment which fill the catalogues of outdoor adventure outfitters! Jacket x 1This should be breathable, wind-proof and waterproof (not showerproof), with attached hood. Suitable fabrics to ... read more..
Accommodation on lodge treks
Accommodation will be in simple lodges offering twin-bedded rooms with standard foam mattresses (if you require additional comfort you might consider taking along Thermarest or similar self-inflating mattresses). Toilets are mostly of the squat type, situated outside the main building. Toilet paper is not provided, so you should bring this ... read more..
Getting Around in Kathmandu
Your first day in Kathmandu is usually dedicated to settling in, and exploring the city. The next morning may include a sightseeing tour to Pashupatinath, Boudanath or the Monkey Temple (Swayambunath). During your free time, the best way to explore your environs is to walk, as this enables you to ... read more..
Accommodation in Pokhara
It is our policy to use Nepali-owned accommodation, always, as we feel this is an aspect of fair trade, and most of the hotels are also family-run.. The hotels we use in Pokhara are no more than 20 minutes away from the airport and are very close to the beautiful ... read more..
If our fixed departure dates are not convenient for you or your group, we can also arrange private departures on all of our small group tours. Private group departures will follow the same itineraries as our usual small group tours, or itineraries may be tailormade to suit your own convenient tour date/budgets.
Itineraries may be tailor-made to suit your dates. So if you can’t find a date to suit you or if you want to have your very own tour just with your friends or family then we can help you.
Customised Private Groups:
For most of our usual tours, or itineraries, where there is a group numbering 2 or more, we can customise and organise private group trip(s) where we design the itinerary and activities exclusively for you, according to your requirements and budgets, such as Honeymoon, Anniversary, Family, Scouts, School, College, Fundraising or Charity trips. Find out more about our private group tours.
To enquire about booking a private departure of this tour or about organising your own private group tour, please fill in the form below and we will get back to you shortly with details.